Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bubbles:)


How often do we only see what is in front of us?


Seriously.

When we go to a national park or someone's house or a fantastic event, where are we?

Behind our phones or an expensive camera, taking a picture.

Our eyes are only looking through a very small lens to see a very small part of an enormous fantastic experience or place or moment.

It is a curious thought, but sometimes we become so obsessed with what is happening RIGHT NOW that we can see nothing around us, nothing beyond this moment, nothing further than "Oh look, a bird." "Oh look, someone tripped and landed in a puddle." "Oh look, my cat is sleeping." It sounds shallow, but it is true: not just when it comes to fleeting moments in time, but moments in our actual lifetime.

How often do we only see the tragedy in our life as everything in our life?

We see the sickness or the disappointment or the failure, and become so overwhelmed. "Woe is me! Why is this happening to me? Why why why why why, me me me me me..." On and on we go. Our Facebook and Twitter becomes all about our low spot in life. Everywhere we go we wear a frown, begging people to ask us what's wrong. Everything that happens following that instance or that event is overshadowed by our frustration. I am guilty of it myself. "Why would you let this happen, God?" I've pled. "Everything was going right, and then THIS hits me!" We become selfish, and dark, and turn inward. But, all the while, there is a still small voice.

"My child. My precious one. Come to me."


"Oh Lord! You don't love me any more!"

"I am here. Come to me. Let me carry your burdens."


"My life is ruined. I don't know how this could ever be resolved."

"Trust me. You can only see part of the story.

Listen to me, dear one. Look up."

Sometimes that is all we need. Look up. Look beyond your present circumstances. Look past the hurt and the confusion.

I work at a daycare. Some days my two-year-olds grow bored with the toys in the room, so I pull out the bubbles. Oh the joy that fills their little faces! Oh the weird way the say "Bubbbbuzzz!" It's precious. They enjoy the bubbles that float right down to their level, that land on the ground or on their arms, easily accessible. But when they can't see the bubbles that are right in front of them, they throw a fit. The bubbles are gone! Why? Why would the teacher stop? Whenever they start to wail and throw themselves on the ground, all I have to say is, "Look up, guys! Look!" The bubbles are still there, just floating above them. And sometimes, if I haven't blown them yet, they see me getting ready to bless them with more soapy goodness.

Get the picture? It's simple, really. But God is up there, just waiting for us to look up and realize that He is in control. There are brighter skies and blessings on the way. There is more to life than the tragedy before us. Sometimes all we have to do is look up and see the bubbles.

Looking to far better things ahead,

Bee



Want some music on this topic? Go to ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmZ2v0niCI
I am in no way affiliated with Francesca Battistelli.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, and well written. I loved how you connected it with blowing bubbles because I can picture my own siblings acting like that, then realize that I act like that towards God. Thanks for sharing, dear.

    ReplyDelete